We have missed you and can’t wait to welcome you to the farm for pick your own season!
We know that you enjoy coming to the farm to hang out, chat, and let the kids run free while picking fruit and flowers. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, this year has to be different. Using guidelines developed by the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources, we are opening for pick-your-own with the conditional approval of the Board of Health. If we are not able to keep you safe, we will not be able to welcome customers to the farm.
As always we really appreciate your support, but please consider whether these rules will work for you (picking berries with a mask on in the heat, for instance, or keeping your masked kids right next to you at all times). We’ve adjusted our blueberry pick your own hours to avoid the heat of the day. We’ll welcome pickers 8:00 a.m. to noon, Tuesday through Sunday in early July–the exact date depends on the berries.
If you’d like some of our fruit or flowers but don’t want to expose yourself to other customers, or can’t follow these rules, please consider ordering ahead for pickup.
If you’re going to join us, here’s what we need you to do:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Maintain social distance. In the field and at the farm store: individuals and household/family groups need to stay at least 6 feet apart. Depending on the number of customers at a given time, we may assign your group to picking in specific rows or areas. Please follow all entrance, exit, and one-way row signs.
- Keep your children close. If you bring children with you, they must remain masked and within arm’s reach of you.
- Wear face masks. We will all be wearing masks, and if you’d like to pick fruit or shop in our farmstand, you will be required to wear one, too. Everyone over 2 years old must wear a face mask while at the farm. We will not be able to provide you with a mask if you don’t have one so please plan ahead. If you have an underlying health issue that makes wearing a mask difficult or impossible, we encourage you to shop online to order for pickup.
- Wash/Sanitize your hands. Before you enter the field and after you return. We will provide handwash stations.
- Only use harvest containers provided by the farm. No reusable containers brought from home.
- Don’t eat the fruit while picking. We know it’s tempting, but eating means removing your mask and touching your mouth. Wait until you are home and have had a chance to wash your hands, please.
- Think about how you pay. We take all forms of payment, but encourage you to make transactions via credit or debit card. We even take contactless payment (i.e., Apple Pay or Google Pay). If you need to make a purchase with cash or a personal check, we can do that, too.
- Leave your dog at home. This year, we cannot welcome our dog friends to the farm. Please leave them safely at home (not in your car in our parking lot).
- Don’t hang out. This may be the hardest part for all of us! We cannot allow picnic lunches, nature strolls, or hanging out on the farmstand benches in the shade.
Unfortunately, it’s all business this year. Please come and buy your fruit, flowers, and other locally produced products and then be safely on your way.
We can’t wait to hang out and chat with you when this is all over.
Changes we are making to keep you and our farm crew safe:
- We are wearing face masks and gloves.
- We are keeping 6 feet away from each other.
- We are checking you in and out in open air settings.
- We are providing multiple hand washing and hand sanitizing stations.
- We are minimizing the number of times we touch shared surfaces.
- We are sanitizing and disinfecting contact surfaces & tools.